T-Cross City: Everything you need to know
Let everyone know you’re going to
The new Volkswagen T-Cross is here, and you’ve signed up to experience the launch at T-Cross City.
Your ticket gets you access to the event (either on the Saturday or the Sunday, not both days) and virtual money on your RFID wristband to buy a bite to eat and a drink.
What food & drink does my ticket give me?
- The first 8,000 adults to arrive across the weekend will receive a complimentary R95 non-refundable voucher (R100 including the R5 admin fee). This does not apply to under 18s tickets
- This voucher comes on the RFID wristband that ticket holders are given on entry.
- The R95 can be spent on beverages, food and merchandise at T-Cross City, either at the food market, or at the food/drinks areas within the various activation spaces.
- You can bring your cash/card to top-up more money onto your wristband to use at the event.
What can I experience at T-Cross City?
Driving the new Volkswagen T-Cross gives you the freedom to make your own choices, which is why, when you registered for your ticket, you got to choose which experience best represents your idea of fun city living.
Your tickets will be for the full event, not just one experience, but the experiences are hosted as pop-up venues within the city, so will operate on a first come, first serve basis.
Love stand-up comedy?
Goliath & Goliath with Parker’swill be there.
Love the full jazz experience as
The Marabi Club hosts an intimate experience for 75 people at a time. T-Cross City’s Marabi Club operates on a bookings only basis -
you can book your slot here
Fives Futbol will host a tournament.
Foodie? Lesego Semenya (AKA
LesDaChef) will curate the
House music and rooftop parties your scene? DJ Kent’s on hand to bring us
The WEEKENT and Friends Rooftop Party.
To add to the fun, top virtual reality sports games will be incorporated in the
VR Sports Area.
- Once you have your ticket, you’ll have secured your spot to be one of the first to be able to drive in the new SUV at T-Cross City on a custom-built route specifically created for you.
Keep an eye on social media, the microsite and your inbox for updates on line-up announcements, competitions, opportunities for VIP experiences and spot prizes.
- Under 18’s will be allowed entry along with an adult ticket holder only. Please note that some of the areas at T-Cross City will be for over 18’s only though, and there are no specific kiddie’s activities. They will be able to enjoy the food market, the test drives and the VR Sports area.
Opening and closing times:
- Saturday 21 September 2019: 11h00 to 20h00
- Sunday 22 September 2019: 11h00 to 16h00
- Tickets are valid for either day as indicated on the ticket, not for the whole weekend.
Please click on the colourful venues on the microsite to view the line-ups in each area. Keep an eye on your inbox for updates.
Performance times and line-ups are subject to change.
Performance times will be available at the festival and are subject to change.
Where can I park?
There is ample parking at Montecasino. Parking is R10 and is not included in your ticket price. Please do not drink and drive.
Will there be ATMs on site?
There are ATM’s inside Montecasino but not in the festival grounds. Draw money before you come as no pass-outs will be permitted. Alternatively you can use your card to top up your cashless wristband.
How does payment at the festival work?
Howler is a cashless payment system and T-Cross City will be 100% cashless. This means you can only buy food, drinks and other items using the cashless wristbands you will receive on entry. You can load money onto your cashless wristband before the festival via the Howler site, or at the festival at one of the top-up stations using cash or card. Note, there will be no cash-outs on site, so only load as much money as you need and you can load as many times as you want.
Note you will be able to cash out any money not spent on your card three days after the festival.
What can I bring in?
- Sunscreen and caps
- Cash and cards to top up your cashless wristband
- Your party vibe
What can’t I bring in?
- No liquids of any kind or food can be brought into the festival. There will be loads of awesome food stalls and bars to buy from. No cooler boxes will be allowed in.
- No chairs or umbrellas
- No weapons
What facilities will be there?
T-Cross City will have toilets and other essential facilities available. There will be a disabled toilet available, however no disabled viewing deck. There will be seating and shaded areas available.
Will I be allowed to exit and return to the festival?
Unfortunately not, no pass-outs will be allowed.